This note is important because it confirms how you can renew your child’s Cougars membership and get registered to play matches.
At Cougars we are changing the way that we manage our club membership enrolment and payments. The intention is to make the process simpler and more convenient for existing and new members as well as providing an improved format that supports our volunteers who manage communication, memberships and payments.
To enrol a child and make payment using the system takes about five minutes and will require either your bank card (long number, date and security code) or your bank account details (acct no and sort code) or a pay pal account.
The main differences and benefits to the Cougars membership process is summarised below:
- Parents will enter player and parent details and confirm agreement to club’s principles via an online system called “paysubsonline”. No more Cougars forms asking for the same information every year :-).
- You as parents will be able to update your communication details so your team Managers, Coaches and Coordinators have up to date information on how to communicate with you at all times.
- You are also able to update your child’s information at any time so any illnesses, conditions or injuries are known to staff – this helps safeguard and protect children.
- Payments will be made on the online system. So no more need to complete standing order forms, write cheques every year or handover cash 🙂
The new system applies for new and existing members immediately. The club no longer accept cash or cheque payments, all payments will be made online. Please read the below information carefully:
Existing Members with Current Email Address Linked to Player Member
If you are an existing member and gave an email address when registering your child last time and you still use that email address you will receive an email to that address from ‘paysubsonline’ very shortly. Please use the link provided in that email which will take you to your unique member page where you can provide / update details for your child and make your payment. You will see that some details are already pre-populated from information that we have.
New & Existing Members with Email Address NOT Linked to Player Member
If you have not received an email from ‘paysubsonline’ already today then this means that either the email address we have linked to the player is outdated or incorrect or that you are a new member and we do not have an email address for you linked to a player. In this instance please use the link below which will enable you to input details from scratch (nothing will be pre-populated) about your child and make payment.
Cost of Membership
You will see that at the payment section you can choose to pay the full annual amount (£120) by bank transfer or paypal or pay by monthly instalments (£10/month) either with your bank card or by paypal.
The cost of membership will change after 1st July and become more expensive per month each month after June so there is a cost benefit to registering now or in the next few days.
Monthly payments will be continuous so all you will need to do is renew each year when requested so no need to set up new standing orders every year.
Whilst the new Cougars membership process will change, the league registration process remains the same as defined by the leagues that the teams play in. This is a paper process and there is a deadline for league registration forms to be complete and processed by the league by 20th July. It is preferable that you download print and complete your league form from here. We will have some paper copies of league forms at registration day.
PLEASE NOTE BUNTINGFORD COUGARS WILL NOT SUBMIT A PLAYER’S LEAGUE REGISTRATION FORM UNLESS PAYMENT IS PROCESSED USING THE PAYSUBSONLINE SYSTEM. WITH NO LEAGUE REGISTRATOIN FORM SUBMITTED A PLAYER WILL HAVE NO I.D. CARD AND WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PLAY IN ANY MATCH FOR BUNTINGFORD COUGARS.
Details below explain who needs what form and accompanying ID and photos:
- If your child was registered with Buntingford Cougars as an Under7’s player or older last season (i.e. current school year 2 or older) then you will need to complete a league registration form and provide two passport sized photographs ID is NOT required for these players.
- If your child was NOT registered with Buntingford Cougars as an Under7’s player or older last season (i.e. current school year 2 or older) then you will need to complete a league registration form and provide two passport sized photographs and ID which must show the child’s name and D.O.B. e.g. passport, birth certificate, medical card photocopy preferred.
- If your child is currently in year1 and starts year 2 in September, they will be an Under7 player next season and will require the league form plus two passport photos plus one form ID which must show the child’s name and D.O.B. e.g. passport, birth certificate, medical card photocopy preferred.
- If in September your child is at least three years old and will not be six years old before 1st September 2018 then your child will be in Cougars Cubs and you do not need to complete any league form or provide any photos or ID. You only need to complete the online enrolment and payment.
- If in September your child is in reception class and will turn six between 1st September 2016 and 31st August 2017 then your child will be in Cougars Under6’s and you do not need to complete any league form or provide any photos or ID. You only need to complete the online enrolment and payment.
- Children in the following age groups from September will be required to complete two league forms as we will enter teams into two different leagues (The Royston Crow League and Mid Herts League); Under11’s (current school year 5), Under 13’s (current school year 7), Under15’s Blues (If your team manager is Martin Stevens) and Under 16’s (team manager Kev Ridgewell).
Registration Day Sunday 26th June 10-2 The Bury
Ideally you will complete the paysubsonline enrolment and payment before registration day.
Registration day is this Sunday 26th June at The Bury. You can pop up anytime between 10am and 2pm.
There will be a photographer there who can take and print passport photos for league forms.
We will have paper league registration forms at the registration day.
Some committee members will be there to assist you in completing league forms and using the paysubsonline system, although hopefully you would have done this at home beforehand.
If you plan to process the enrolment and online payment at our registration day you must have the following with you:
- A smart device with access to your emails.
- If you intend to pay monthly – your payment card or if you wish to use paypal your paypal login details.
- If you intend to pay the full annual fee – your bank account details (account number, sort code) or if you wish to use paypal your paypal login details.
If you are no longer a member of Buntingford Cougars please delete this email. No action is required.
If you do have any questions on this please drop us a line and we will be happy to help.
Many thanks for your continued support